Basis Protocol Hybrid Electric Bike, Integrated Battery, 700c Wheel – Black/Green
Basis Protocol Hybrid Electric Please Note: Lifestyle images of alternative colour for size and design reference. A welcomed, well rounded addition to our home-baked Basis brand, and it’s one of our favourites to date!
Formed around a lightweight Alloy 17″ frame, it’s hardtail rigidity at the rear provides a solid base for pace, while the Suntour suspension up front provides comfort, control when it comes to stubborn terrain, and general versatility. Combining 700c deep-V wheels with chunky CST hybrid tyres offers every benefit of a fast paced commuter, while also leaning toward a very capable trekking bike.
Neatly disguised within the frame sits a 7Ah 36v tubular battery, an immensely popular feature on our previous models, probably because it eliminates bulk and nearly all remnants of electric running gear, provides a balanced centre of gravity, and keeps the battery secure and protected. Controlling your power assistance level, and monitoring your battery level, we have a large LCD handlebar mounted display.
Designed to fill the shoes of a dependable daily rider, Basis have kitted it with mechanical disc brakes front & rear, and a Shimano 6 speed gearing system. Although it’s not a thorough-bred of either style, the Protocol mixes just the right amount of each to make a pleasant 2-wheeled cocktail.
Want more of an insight? Check out our review & detailed walk-around.
- Frame: Alloy Crossbar, Gusset Reinforced, Battery Integrating, 17″
- Fork: Suntour Suspension Fork
- Motor: 250w 36v, Rear Hub
- Battery: 7Ah 36v, Tubular Frame Integrated
- Display: Large LCD
- Brakes: Disc
- Gearing: Shimano 6 Speed, Revoshift
- Wheels: 700c Deep-V, Alloy Double Wall, CNC
- Tyres: CST 700c Hybrid w/ Reflective Strip
- Battery: 7Ah Integrated – Up to 25 Miles*
*This will vary depending on weight of user, terrain and mode of pedal assistance used.
- This Electric Bike will be SUPPLIED ASSEMBLED complete with charger and everything you see included.
- Upon arrival, simple attachment of the pedals and the straightening of the handlebar will be required.